Themes: Coping with Peer Pressure and Early Adolescence
Audience: Grades 6 to 8
Growing up might seem tough…but it doesn’t have to be a nightmare! Follow Jerry, Malika, Natalie, and Nick as they navigate the rollercoaster of adolescence and wrestle with the age-old question, “Am I normal?” Through a fast-paced show featuring current music and dance, Nightmare on Puberty St. encourages students to talk about critical health issues and ask questions.
By bringing sometimes embarrassing issues to life in an entertaining, engaging format, this program teaches young people that they are not alone and sets the stage for follow-up discussions in class and at home. Nightmare on Puberty St. is presented free of charge to schools and communities throughout Northern California.
Through this program, students learn to
- deal with negative peer pressure
- build healthy relationships
- cope with depression and thoughts of suicide
- communicate about health and social issues with parents and
- build self-esteem
- Free of charge to schools and community groups
- Target audience: middle school students, grades 6-8
- Offered for groups of 200 or more
- One-hour assembly featuring comedy, drama, music, and dance
- Assembly includes time for questions and answers
- An indoor space at ground level or accessible by a freight elevator or ramp
- A performance space that is a minimum 25′ wide by 25′ deep by 15′ high
- A minimum of two hours for set-up before the show and one hour for break-down after
Learn more about booking Nightmare on Puberty St.