Kaiser Permanente’s Educational Theatre, kp.org/et/ncal, provides health education to students in grades K-12 through award-winning live theatre programs.
A key position in Kaiser Permanente Educational Theatre (KPET), this person is a KP representative to the community and the person who establishes the first impression with our clients. Interpersonal skills and phone etiquette are very important. The position requires a great amount of daily phone communication and almost constant computer use (database and email).
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in theatre, education, health services, social services, or related field required.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Using email and the telephone: introduce theatre programs, solicit schools for program bookings, assess/troubleshoot logistics, schedule 150+ programs per season at school or community sites, act as liaison between schools and performers.
• Handle informational inquiries, coordination of special events, and performances.
• Promote programs and develop and maintain relationships and correspondence with schools, internal KP contacts, community-based organizations, and vendors.
• Ongoing accurate data entry of booking details into Filemaker Pro database.
• Coordinate weekly mailings of confirmation packages of letters, agreements, and assembly materials.
• Compile and distribute updated program information packets.
• Support or coordinate evening parent events 1-2 times each month during the touring season.
• Obtain and submit manual statistics and metrics, as needed.
• Provide ongoing assistance with administrative staff meetings, purchasing, or other administrative responsibilities, as needed.
• Represent Kaiser Permanente in the community, schools, and to the media, ensuring good relations with all.
• Make presentations to parent, school, community, medical, and employee audiences.
• Participate in individual or small group meetings with school administrators regarding needs and logistics of the program.
• Discuss sensitive health topics with teachers, school administrators, and parents.
• Special projects could include coordinating special events for department; participating in establishing policies and procedures for the department; assisting with coordination of training sessions; creating, maintaining, and distributing our seasonal calendar to internal and external clients; assisting with development of promotional materials.
• Consistently support compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente’s Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, accreditation, and licensor requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente’s policies and procedures.
• Occasionally tour with acting troupe and attend KPET performances.
• Some driving and occasional overnight travel required.
• Some lifting required.
• Positive, team-player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent telephone communication skills and demeanor.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of management internal/external.
• Knowledge and experience in a variety of areas such as touring theatre, stage management, production coordination, and/or administrative work.
• Experience working in diverse communities.
• Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects with high level of detail, use time management skills, prioritization skills, organizational skills, and independent judgment in order to maintain high productivity amidst competing priorities, tight deadlines, and constant interruptions.
• Excellent project management and consulting skills.
• Ability to balance assessment of the big-picture and maintain accountability for the details.
• Must be able to work in a labor/management partnership.
• Previous experience with community benefit programs is preferred.
• Background in community health with young people is preferred.
• Knowledge of primary and secondary level schools and non-profit organizations is preferred.
• Previous related experience in corporate, public school, health care, or performing arts environment is a plus.
• Computer proficiency preferred in FileMaker Pro, MS Word, and Excel. Knowledge of Outlook and Nuance is a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Full-time position available immediately. Salary DOE, excellent benefits. An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted through www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org. Use job posting number 753727 for “Assistant Production Manager.” Duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for the Booking Coordinator (Community Health Liaison) will not match the Kaiser Permanente generic job profile.