Themes: Peer Pressure and Early Adolescence
Audience: Grades 6 to 8
Growing up might seem tough…but it doesn’t have to be a nightmare! Follow Jerry, Malika, Natalie, and Nick as they navigate the rollercoaster of adolescence and wrestle with the age-old question, “Am I normal?” Through a fast-paced show featuring current music and dance, Nightmare on Puberty St. encourages students to talk about critical health issues and ask questions.
By bringing sometimes embarrassing issues to life in an entertaining, engaging format, this program teaches young people that they are not alone and sets the stage for follow-up discussions in class and at home. Nightmare on Puberty St. is presented free of charge to schools and communities throughout Northern California.
Through this program, students learn
- How to resist and overcome negative peer pressure
- How to cope with depression and thoughts of suicide
- That the changes occurring during puberty and early adolescence are a normal part of development
- The importance of seeking help from a trusted adult when going through a stressful or difficult situation
- How community resources can help them get through stressful and difficult situations
- Free of charge to schools and community groups
- Target audience: middle school students, grades 6 to 8
- Offered for groups of 200 or more
- Hourlong assembly featuring comedy, drama, music, and dance
- Assembly includes time for questions and answers
- See information sheet [pdf] for more details
- An indoor space at ground level and accessible by a ramp or freight elevator (Please note: freight elevator ≠ wheelchair ramp)
- A performance space that is a minimum 25′ wide by 25′ deep by 15′ high
- A minimum of 2 hours for set-up before the show and 1 hour for break-down after
Our mission is to focus on the most vulnerable and high-need communities. We use several factors to determine eligibility. If you have any questions about your schools or community group’s eligibility, please contact us at 1-877-353-2223 to speak with one of our staff.
Learn more about booking Nightmare on Puberty St.