Peace Signs (Grades 3 to 6)
Adjusting to life changes and a new learning environment due to the pandemic, students Jessie, Trina, and Alex realize some important lessons about empathy and resilience. With a little help from their science teacher, Mr. H, the young peacemakers-in-training discover the impact they can have on others and their community—and that sometimes, big changes we want to see in our world must begin with small changes in ourselves.
- Stoplight Song Video
Themes: Social Emotional Health and Conflict Resolution
Audience: Grades 3 to 6
Peace Signs is offered free of charge to schools and communities throughout northern California.
Through the course of the virtual program, students learn
- To understand empathy and respect for others
- Skills to regulate emotions and build resilience
- The Peace Signs Stoplight Solution conflict resolution model
- The importance of seeking help from trusted adults
- 21-minute video for classes to view in advance of workshop
- 35-minute interactive, livestreamed workshop with our performer/educators
- Target audience: 3rd to 6th grades
- Priority to schools with higher percentage Free and Reduced Price Meals (FRPM)
- See information sheet [PDF] for more details
- In Class
- Ability to project streaming video and sound from teacher’s computer, with camera on to view students, and microphone muted
- Remote Learning Preferred Option
- Laptop or desktop computer, Chromebook, or tablet with internet access, camera on, and microphone muted
- Remote Learning Alternate Option
- Smart phone with internet access and microphone muted
Our mission is to focus on the most vulnerable communities. We use several factors to determine eligibility, including the Free and Reduced Price Meals (FRPM) program. If you have any questions about your school or community group’s eligibility, please contact us at 1-877-353-2223 to speak with one of our staff.