Themes: Conflict Resolution, Bullying and Violence Prevention
Audience: Grades 3 to 6
A playground conflict between Jessie, Trina, and Alex leads to some important lessons about empathy and nonviolence. With a little help from science teacher Mr. H and his unpredictable invention, the Stoplight Solution, the young peacemakers-in-training discover just how much impact they can have on others and their community—and that sometimes, the big changes they want to see in the world must begin with small changes in themselves.
Peace Signs is provided free of charge to schools and communities to inspire students and their loved ones to solve conflicts peacefully, respect others, and seek help when needed.
Through this program, students learn
- The Peace Signs Stoplight Solution conflict resolution model
- Skills to respond to bullying
- Empathy and respect for others
- The importance of seeking help from trusted adults when faced with bullying and violence
- 40-minute theatrical performance featuring comedy, drama, music, and dance
- Free to schools and community groups
- Target audience: elementary grades 3 to 6
- Offered for groups of 200 or more
- Schools with high percentage Free and Reduced (FRPM) prioritized
- Available in 2 formats: see the Information Sheet [pdf] for more details
- An indoor space at ground level and accessible by a ramp or freight elevator (Please note: freight elevator ≠ wheelchair ramp)
- A performance space that is a minimum 25′ wide by 25′ deep by 10′ high and on the floor level (not on a stage)
- A minimum of 2 hours for set-up before the show and 1 hour for break-down after
- Students seated on the floor in front of the performance area
Our mission is to focus on the most vulnerable and high-need communities. We use several factors to determine eligibility, including percentage of students enrolled in the Free and Reduced Price Meals Program. If you have any questions about your schools or community group’s eligibility, please contact us at 1-877-353-2223 to speak with one of our staff.
Learn more about booking Peace Signs.