Resilience in School Environments: Understanding and Practice (RISE UP) is an online workshop designed to explore the prevalence and potential impact of trauma and stress on student behavior and offer strategies to help educators and other school staff navigate challenging interactions.
- Watch the video
Themes: Resiliency, Healthy Communication, Stress, and Mental Health and Wellness
RISE UP is presented free of charge to teachers, school staff, and administrators, and is available for select Resilience in School Environments (RISE) school districts.
Resilience In School Environments: Understanding and Practice (RISE UP) is an online workshop designed to explore the prevalence and potential impact of trauma and stress on student behavior and offer strategies to help educators and other school staff navigate challenging interactions. Teaching Artists from Kaiser Permanente facilitate the 75-minute session employing theatre, experiential learning and arts integration techniques to engage participants in their own discovery and practical implementation.
Activities are designed to provide participants a safe place to practice, question, discover and learn. They also include large and small group discussion, peer interaction, self-reflection and kinesthetic experiences. The program is appropriate for teachers, staff and administrators at a school, and is most effective with 15 to 30 participants. Multiple sessions can be provided to accommodate groups larger than 30.
Through this program, participants learn to
- Apply a trauma-informed lens to challenging interactions
- Understand the role of self-regulation in creating a trauma-informed environment
- Learn and practice self-regulation tools to use in moments of stress and conflict
- Contact Alyssa Kirsch <email@example.com or (510) 381 – 9082) to discuss availability
- Time: 75-minute Learning Session
- Audience: Teachers, school staff, and administrators
- Number of Participants: A maximum of 90
- See information sheet [PDF] for more details