The Best Me (Grades K to 5)
A fun-filled musical experience, The Best Me follows 4 elementary school friends as they learn to be the best they can be while trying to save their school’s big talent show from cancellation. Along the way, with help from the audience and some fantastical friends, they realize the importance of healthy eating, active living, and working together.
- Watch the video
Themes: Healthy Eating and Active Living
Audience: Grades K to 5
The Best Me is presented free of charge to schools and communities throughout Northern California.
Through the course of the play, students learn to
- Play hard for at least 1 hour every day
- Limit screen time (TV, video games, and computer)
- Drink water when thirsty, instead of soda or juice drinks
- Fill half of their plate with veggies and fruits
- 50-minute assembly, offered to groups of 200 or more
- Target audience: elementary school students, K to 5th grades
- Priority to schools with higher percentage Free and Reduced Price Meals (FRPM)
- See information sheet [PDF] for more details
- An indoor space at ground level and accessible by a ramp or freight elevator (Please note: freight elevator ≠ wheelchair ramp)
- A performance space that is a minimum 25′ wide by 25′ deep by 10′ high and on the floor level (not on a stage)
- A minimum of 2 hours for set-up before the show and 1 hour for break-down after the show
- Students seated on the floor in front of the performance area
Our mission is to focus on the most vulnerable communities. We use several factors to determine eligibility, including the Free and Reduced Price Meals (FRPM) program. If you have any questions about your school or community group’s eligibility, please contact us at 1-877-353-2223 to speak with one of our staff.