Themes: Healthy Eating and Active Living
Audience: Grades K to 5
Hundreds of thousands of students throughout northern California have sung, clapped, and danced along with Dani, Kayla, Max, and Tino, as they learn to be the best they can be. Through a fun-filled musical experience, The Best Me follows the 4 friends in their last year of elementary school. When the school’s big talent show is in danger of being canceled, it’s up to the students to save the day. With the help of the audience and a few fantastic new friends, they learn the importance of healthy eating, active living, and working together.
This program is provided free of charge to schools and communities to inspire students and their loved ones to make more informed choices and live healthier lives. What will your Best Me Promise be?
Through the course of the play, students learn
- To play hard for at least 60 minutes every day
- To limit screen time (TV, video games, and computer)
- To drink water when thirsty, instead of soda or juice drinks
- To fill half of their plate with veggies and fruits
- 45-minute theatrical performance featuring comedy, drama, music, and dance
- Free to schools and community groups
- Target audience: elementary grades K to 5
- Offered for groups of 200 or more
- See information sheet [pdf] for more details
- An indoor space at ground level or accessible by a freight elevator or ramp
- A performance space that is a minimum 25′ wide by 25′ deep by 10′ high and on the floor level, even if a stage is available
- A minimum of 2 hours for set-up before the show and 1 hour for break-down after the show
- Students seated on the floor in front of the performance area
Learn more about booking The Best Me.